Sometimes it is hard for us as mere human beings to understand someone as magnificent as Jesus. That’s probably why the Bible gives Jesus so many names. These names describe Him and illustrate all His amazing attributes to us.
Meditate and Pray Over His Name
When I pray, I like to praise Jesus for His greatness. I do this by calling out to Him using the many names He’s given in the Bible. It reminds me of just how multifaceted, brilliant and powerful of a King I serve!
Perhaps, you can use these in your prayer time too or maybe just meditate on them and let them lift your spirit.
Here are just some of the many names of Jesus:
- Immanuel (which means, God with us) – Matthew 1:22-23
- King of kings and Lord of lords – Revelation 19:16
- Prince of Peace – Isaiah 9:6
- Bread of Life – John 6:35
- Alpha and Omega – Revelation 22:13
- The Gate – John 10:9
- Good Shepherd – John 10:11
- Bright Morning Star – Revelation 22:16
- Faithful and True – Revelation 19:11
- Son of the Living God – Matthew 16:16
- The Way, the Truth and the Life – John 14:6
- Lamb of God – John 1:29
- Messiah – John 4:25-26
- The Word – John 1:1
- Light of the World – John 8:12
- Teacher – John 13:13
I’d encourage you to click on the links to these verses that describe our wonderful Savior. Spend some time digging into these many names of Jesus. Praise Him for how great He truly is!
There Is Power in His Name
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13 NIV
Our Lord, Jesus, is powerful, beautiful and amazing. There is none other like Him. I pray that His many names will bless you as they have blessed me.