Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! 1 Chronicles 16:34 ESV
We have a lot to be thankful for! God has blessed us with many things. It is time to stop and take notice.
All Blessings Are From God
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17 NIV
Give thanks to God because every good thing in your life comes from Him!
I know that He has blessed me. He’s guided me into great things that I could not have worked out for myself and He’s protected me from bad consequences even when I was sinning. He never changes! The amazing lovingkindness of the Lord never wavers!
I challenge you today to stop for a few moments and thank God for all He’s given you. Get your mind off what you don’t have and focus it on all that is good in your life. Here’s a list of possible things to be thankful for to help you get started:
- Your health – Thank Him that you are alive and that you can reason, see, hear, walk, talk and breathe.
- Your relationships – Thank God for your family, friends and loved ones.
- Your possessions – Be thankful for the comforts that God has given you.
- Your job – Be grateful that you have one and for the income it provides so you can buy necessities.
- Your country – Be thankful for where you were born and what that has afforded you.
Obviously, this is not an exhaustive list, but it should help to get you thinking. There are many benefits to cultivating gratitude and all it takes is just a little focus.
Never Stop Thanking God
Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. Psalm 105:1 NLT
I recently ran across a quote that said, “What if you woke up tomorrow with only what you thanked God for today?” Pretty sobering, huh? Let’s give God the glory and honor He deserves by thanking Him for all He’s blessed us with!